Uncertain, unpredictable, mysterious, terrifying, exhilarating, unknown, intimate, miraculous…There is such a mix of feelings you might have as your birth approaches. You know you can and WILL do this, but you don’t know when or how it will all unfold, and you want to feel prepared!
Knowledge is one of the most powerful tools you can have at your fingertips as you get ready for the day of your birth, and we can help you gain the understanding of the processes of labour, and comfort measures and tools to feel confident and ready (as ready as you can!) to travel the path to meet your baby.
Andrea Postal is In Bloom’s Certified Childbirth Educator, and offers both group and private prenatal classes. Private classes allow for a more intimate experience with just you and your partner, as you plan and prepare for your birth, your way. You have the option of making your own ‘group’ with other expectant families in your circle. There are 4 and 8 hour in-home, class options, or you can customize your own curriculum (2 hours or more), to cater to the things that matter to you most. These classes cover topics including:
- Birth Partner Communication
- Hopes and Wishes for Your Birth Plan
- Common pregnancy complaints
- Prenatal testing
- The anatomy and physiology of the birthing woman
- The Labour process and stages of labour
- Cesarean birth, and Vaginal Birth after Cesarean
- Medical and non-medical pain relief options
- Positions for Labor and Birth and Comfort Measures
- Common interventions
- The Welcoming hour: bonding and feeding
Whichever option you choose, your childbirth education class is going to be a fun, interactive, hands-on experience that will equip you with the knowledge and resources that will help you have a better birth. Contact us for more information on class options and details. We look forward to working with you!