Your baby has arrived, and we want to help you get off to the best start possible.
They say a baby changes everything, and we know this to be true. Our postpartum doulas are experts in babies, and our greatest goal is to make the path a little bit smoother and the days (or nights) a little bit lighter. We come alongside families to ease the transition into parenthood with the knowledge, resources, and skills to help you carve your parenting path and care for the tiniest of humans.
What You can expect from your Postpartum Doula
- A flexible daytime schedule, from 4-12hr increments
- Overnight support from 8-12hrs, allowing you to get consolidated sleep and wake refreshed
- An understanding of both caesarean and vaginal birth recovery, supporting you to heal well and recognizing the signs that fall outside the norm of a healthy recovery
- Your doula is knowledgeable in both breastfeeding and bottle-feeding, and can help you achieve your goals, while knowing when you refer you to a IBCLC for further professional advice
- Your doula will can assist you in recognizing sleep cues, helping you find strategies to help your baby sleep, and free your hands to take a nap while she cares for or puts baby to sleep for you
- Your doula will help ensure your day runs as smoothly as possible by lightening the load, providing help with light housekeeping, laundry, dishes, and sibling support.
- Your doula can run errands and grocery shop for you, or accompany you to appointments and help you adjust to getting out and around with a newborn.
- Your doula will make sure you are nourished and well fed with both meal and snack preparations throughout the day.
- Your doula supports you as you work out your parenting practices and philosophies, and helps you implement those philosophies without judgement or bias
- Your doula knows that she doesn't have all the answer; at her fingertips are many local and online resources to help you relax, meet your goals, and feel confident
We look forward to hearing from you and discussing how we can support your family and your newest addition.